Season 4 – Episode 4 – Whisper in the Silence

“In the 51st Century – billions of beings are running blindly from a terror that silences entire worlds. The Shadow Proclamation asks the Doctor and Amanda to investigate, and they begin a journey that will change the Universe for all time.”

Written By Paul Mannering

Produced, Engineered and Directed by Stevie K. Farnaby (AKA SKiFfle)

Starring Mark Kalita as The Doctor, and Robin Carlisle as Amanda Waterfield

Supporting Cast :
Laura Nicole as Masaama
Tanja Milojevic as Shadow
Stevie K. Farnaby (AKA SKiFfle) as Male Anchor 1
Cary Ayers as Male Anchor 2
Kim Gianopoulos as Female Anchor
Draven Schoberg as Shesheela
And Introducing Joshua K. Farnaby as Musil

Main Theme :
The Mark Kalita Doctor Who Theme by Stevie K. Farnaby (AKA SKiFfle), Jay Ellington-Lee (AKA JEL), and Neaman Lyles, based on the original Theme by Delia Derbyshire & Ron Grainer.

Jay Ellington-Lee and Neaman Lyles appear courtesy of “The P-38s

Additional Music used in this episode :
Incidental Music by Stevie K. Farnaby (AKA SKiFfle)
Piano Version of the Doctor Who Theme used by kind permission of Matt Jessup
The “Let’s Build Mecha” Soundtrack by Joshua M. Blanc (AKA The Manitou)
The track “Electricity” used by kind permission of The Thought Criminals

This episode is dedicated to my friend and mentor, Jay Ellington Lee who sadly left this world a few short weeks ago. “The Sky is Full of Ships Tonight” Jay, and now there’s one more Shining Star looking over us all – Stevie.

Jay Ellington Lee
Jay Ellington Lee in “The Pod” – October 2011
Photo by Stevie K. Farnaby (AKA SKiFfle)

The following Audio Drama is rated PG-13 (Persons Younger than 13 Should be Accompanied by an Adult). For more info:

This entry was posted in Season 4. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Season 4 – Episode 4 – Whisper in the Silence

1. themanitou says:

I’m very proud to be a part of this production and to pay tribute to my good friend Jay. The mix is outstanding, Stevie. Excellent choice of musical cues, and deftly placed from a narrative point of view. It’s great to hear young Josh in his first starring role, too!

• stevie says:

Thank you so much for the kind words Josh, and for the tunes. Only fitting U should be a part of this one good bud. It’s not been long since Jay died, but I’m missing his anecdotes, all the laughter, and his madcap ideas hugely. Knowing him and working with him was a real privelage and an honour. In fact I actually feel like part of me is now missing.

2. matt jessup says:

great episode, totally thrilled to be part of it, thank you,

• stevie says:

Thanks for the kind words Matt. And thanks for that amazing piano version of the theme. Fit the tone of episode to perfection.

3. Trekluver says:

Wow, so sad to hear Jay has passed. His work will truly be remembered.

4. A.W. Eizen says:

Stevie, that intro was great, it was very touching and made me wish I had been fortunate enough to have met Jay. I do consider myself fortunate to have been able to listen to things that he worked on and inspired such a reaction in his friends, a sure sign that his legacy lives on through his talented friends. I am truely sorry for your loss, May the Sky Always be Full of Ships, Every Night!

• stevie says:

Thanks – Jay was a massive inspiration to me. His creativity and humour touched everyone he came into contact with. I find that on numerous occasions during production I’ll say to myself “Jay would’ve loved this or laughed his socks off” – Very much missed in droves.